Questions to Ask Your Builder
Once you have found a Granny Flat builder you are happy with, there are some questions that you need to ask to ensure that they are the building contractor for the job. Some questions you should be asking are:
- Will you be supervising my Granny Flat project?
- What and how many other projects are you working on?
- What happens if there are any problems with my Granny Flat project?
- What intervals do you expect progress payments?
- Will you clean the work site or organise a cleaner upon completion?
- Do you have the correct licensing and insurance for this work type?
- What amount do you require to begin work?
- What is the estimated completion time on my Granny Flat?
- Can you put beginning and completion dates in writing for me?
- Do you have procedures in place in the event of bad weather? Environmental, Site run off?
- What type of contract do you use? Can I make suggestions we can both agree upon?
- Can I have the total Granny Flat project cost in writing?